Tuesday, March 10, 2009

real southernmost reef fun off this tropical island


aah, as I sit here the smell of fresh fish permeates the air, it is enough just getting to play in the ultimate play ground but I am also having some tasty treats from the sea for dinner. Life is good. I saw my manatee friends this afternoon, they have been hanging out a lot, after they met they have been together ever since.





The water was nice, bluish and clear saw some squids swimming together like soldiers marching. They stayed in sync as I followed them around for some pictures. Lots of angels and thousands of fish teaming at the reef and we spotted a huge nurse shark chilling, it was cool to see him have not seen to many lately. We landed lots of fish and at the end of the day I jumped in nailed a nice mackerel, it was really tasty.

Oh yeah a 350 Pound Goliath grouper came up while we were feeding the tarpon and snagged a treat from one of my shipmates






No comments: