Thursday, March 6, 2008

spring is here screams the oceans heart and soal



Easy to loose track of time aboard the yacht as we played today hard. As we dove the reef brilliant fish everywhere, it was a good work out with some college kids this morning. Workout if you are thinking of going on my trip, exercise your heart and get in better shape, lets snorkel lots of coral turf. We caught tons of fish and a green moray eel. Who stood right up when I gave him a hand regurgitating a fish at the same time I was able to snap few cool pics as gravity and the weight of the eel allowed for the hooks removal safely. Handling these pissed off, freaked out eels is an experience I have had as a kid. I would shoot eels with a Hawaiian sling, spearing 5feet long eels in Cohasset Mass, a lobstering town in new England. I nailed the head of the eel to a piece of wood, grab the skin with pliers and rip off there skin like a sock rolling off your foot, then rolled the eel in dough, pan fryed in oil. Yumm tasted like chicken. I would not harm these beautifully innocent creatures here in Florida's delicate Eco system.

No comments: